As schools around the nation resume academic activities, University of Jos has released Prevention Protocol Guidelines for students on resumption of Academic Activities in respect to the Covid-19 Pandemic
As presented by Chief Monday M. Danjem (Registrar) – Following the decision of the Senate of the University of Jos for the resumption of academic activities for the 2019/2020 Academic Session, all students are directed to note the COVID-19 Prevention Protocol Guidelines for strict compliance.
The guidelines are as follows:
- University Hostels will be opened to accommodate students as from Friday 22nd January, 2021. No student will be allowed into the hostels earlier than that date.
- Hand washing materials will be provided at strategic points within the campus and students are requested to wash their hands as frequently as they can.
- Students are expected to put on their face masks within and outside the University premises. In this regard, each student is to bring at least ten (10) sets of washable fabric face masks. These will also be available at the University Health Services for those who do not have. Students who can afford medical/surgical face masks are free to come with them. They will be expected to dispose of these hygienically.
- Students are to ensure social distancing by avoiding hand shaking, hugging, and all forms of crowding together in and around the campus.
- Each student is to come with pocket size hand sanitizer which he/she would carry at all times and be used frequently to sterilize his/her hands.
- Students should avoid activities that entail crowding e.g. football viewing and worship centres except where provision is made for strict compliance with COVID-19 Prevention Protocols.
- All students are to carry their I.D. cards all the time for easy identification.
- Visitors to the hostels are barred until further notice.
- Common and reading rooms in hostels remain closed till further notice.
- Social functions of any kind in the University are banned until further notice.
- All students are to put on their face masks while riding on shuttle buses.
- Students residing off campus are to ensure compliance with COVID-19 prevention protocols in their residences and while in school.
- Parents of students who test positive will be called to take them home for self-isolation or where possible taken to designated isolation centers or government approved treatment centers until they convert.
- All students will be expected to sign an undertaking to abide by these guidelines.
- In case of Emergency, contact any of the following numbers:
This is going to be one hell of an academic year. In the mean time #stay safe