The Mext scholarship program is a Japanese government-sponsored program that offers scholarships to overseas students who want to study in Japan. The program was created by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) as part of its efforts to attract international students and make them feel at home while they are studying here.
What is the Mext Scholarship?
- What is the Mext Scholarship?
The Mext Scholarship is a program that provides financial support to students who are studying at an accredited university or college. Eligible fields of study include:
- Computer science and information technology (CIS)
- Engineering and science (E&S)
- Nursing (NUR)
- Who can apply?
The 2019-20 academic year is open to all Canadian citizens who have received their high school diploma or equivalent, and will be entering their first year of postsecondary education in fall 2020 or later. You must not have previously received any scholarship from MEXT, nor have been awarded any other federal government funding for your studies.
Who is eligible to apply?
- You must be a citizen of the United States or Mexico.
- You must be enrolled in an accredited university or college.
- Your GPA must meet the minimum requirements for admission to that school, according to its website (for example: 3.0).
- You are eligible if you are a high school senior or current undergraduate student
Available Fields of Study
You can study any of the fields of study offered by the university.
The fields are as follows:
- Biological Science (Biology)
- Chemical Science (Chemistry)
- Physics * Mathematics * Computer Science Social Science and Linguistics Japanese Studies
How to apply for the Mext scholarship?
- Go to the official website of JFund
- Click on the ‘Apply for Scholarships’ link
- Click on the ‘MEXT Scholarship’ link
- Fill in all the details asked in the application form (Name, Family Name, Address)
- Passport copy
- GPA certificate
- Bank statement (1 year)
- Reference letter from a professor or employer in the field of study you are applying for. This can be a business letter, but it must demonstrate their interest in your career path and potential. Do not send this directly to Mext as they will not accept it as part of your application. Instead, they prefer that you email them with proof that someone has written such a letter on behalf of you! The format should look something like this: “Dear Ms/Mr XXXXXXX, I am writing on behalf of YYYYYYYYYY who would like me to convey his/her gratitude for all that he has done for his company since joining them last year.” Please ensure the name at the top matches exactly what is listed under “Employer Name” in Section 4 below.” You may also include any other relevant information about what was discussed during this meeting (e.g., how long they’ve known each other).
What happens after submission?
Once you have submitted your application, the MEXT scholarship committee will review it and select up to 10 candidates to be invited for an interview. If you are one of those who are selected in this phase, then you will be notified by email regarding the date and time of your interview.
After completing an interview with members on the board of directors or other interested parties, it may take some time before they decide on whether or not to award scholarships based on your applications (the selection process often takes several weeks).
If selected as one of those who received an offer from MEXT Scholarship Committee then congratulations! You can expect a document containing details about how much money was awarded along with some instructions about how best use it during studies at university level
- Application Periods
- Application Period 1: April 1, 2020 to June 30, 2020
- Application Period 2: July 1, 2020 to September 30, 2020
- Application Period 3: October 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020
Advantages of this Scholarship?
The MEXT Scholarship is a great opportunity for you to study abroad. You can learn more about Japan and its culture, which will help you in your future career as well. The scholarship will also give you the chance to get a job in Japan after graduation.
Nutshell of the MEXT scholarship program.
The MEXT Scholarship program is for international students who are non-Japanese citizens and studying full time at a Japanese university. You must be studying at one of the eligible courses, which include:
- Natural sciences and engineering
- Humanities and social sciences
- Art, design and architecture (incl translation for the arts)
JFund can make your path much smoother towards this prestigious scholarship.
JFund is a leading scholarship consulting company that has helped many students get the scholarship they deserve. We are very confident of our success rate and we have a 100% success rate for the past 5 years. If you are interested in applying for this scholarship, or any other scholarships, we can help you with your application process.
All in all, the Mext scholarship program is one of the best opportunities to study abroad. It’s a great opportunity for students who want to explore and learn more about other countries and cultures. This scholarship program will not only help you save money on tuition costs but also get an amazing education that could drastically change your life!